Sandra Fortuna BA, F.NADTA, F.USTerpsichore, 'A' license WDSF, trainer for ISTD certifications
"My life is so much about dancing, teaching dancing, knowing dancers."
Sandra Fortuna is a former professional ballet dancer, a certified fitness instructor, and holds a BA in Dance from Butler University, Jordan College of Music, and many top teacher awards and pro-am championship titles, including 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place Top Teacher in US Top Teacher Championship, 1st place Top Female Teacher in NADOA Challenge of Champions. She's former Vice-President of USA Dance Chapter 3012, past Secretary of the USISTD. Sandra Fortuna was awarded the Community Service Award by NDCA 2008 for her work in developing, supporting and promoting wheelchair dancing. She is the author of the copyrighted technique manual Wheel Ease, written to describe in full the feet, wheels, wheelwork, connection and lead for wheelchair partner dancing. She is an original founding member and artistic director of American Dance Wheels Foundation. Her dance students include national 10 dance finalists, national amateur Latin runners-up, winner of Pro-Am 'A' Latin and Pro-Am 'A' Rhythm Championships at USBC, several successful dance school owners, successful professional candidates for USISTD certification, professional dancer on DWTS hit TV show, popular UK dancer and choreographer, and star of West End's 2009 production of Burn the Floor, Brian Fortuna. Sandra has appeared on TLC production, Dancer with the Tiny Legs, and on Dancing On Wheels.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Dance from Butler University, Indianapolis, IN
- Quintuple Fellow National Association of Dance Teachers of America
- Quintuple Fellow United States Terpsichore Assoc.
- Examiner Dance Visions Professional Assoc.
- WDSF licensed adjudicator at 'A' level
- Successful trainer for professional certifications, Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing
- Co-Chair of USA Dance Invigilation Committee
- Member of USA Dance Teacher/Student Commission